- CFUW Nepean came into being in November 1990, through the efforts of a small group of enthusiastic women who saw the need for a local club. The Charter was proudly accepted in August 1991. Since then the club has grown, developed and matured.
- With the exception of special events we meet at Bells Corners United Church, 3955 Old Richmond Road, Nepean the first Tuesday of each month from September to May. The exceptions are usually the September and January dates, the Holiday Party and the Annual General Meeting, which take place at selected locations.
- For General Meetings we invite speakers to address a variety of topics, ranging from local to national and international issues that affect the world in which we live.
- Our monthly General Meetings, OPEN TO THE PUBLIC, feature speakers on topical issues. See the Program Section.
- We have Interest Groups to accommodate a variety of pursuits and are open to any suggestions for more. All Interest Groups meet once a month with the exception of Bridge, which meets weekly.
- Our Scholarship Trust Fund disburses Annual Scholarships.
CFUW Nepean is one of the clubs that make up the Canadian Federation of University Women. We are also part of a global community of university women that encompasses over 60 countries (Graduate Women International) GWI and we are members of CFUW Ontario Council.
• Founded in 1919, the Canadian Federation of University Women (CFUW) is a national, non-profit, non-governmental, women’s equality-seeking organization of close to 9, 000 women in nearly 110 Clubs across Canada.
• CFUW has special consultative status at the United Nations and is represented at the Sectorial Committee on Education at the Canadian Sub-Committee for UNESCO. CFUW is the largest of 62 affiliates of International Graduate Women.
WE INVITE YOU TO JOIN US. ALL WOMEN ARE WELCOME.